Cascading KLANG Immersive Processors
Multiple KLANG immersive processors can be linked in KLANG:app to act as a single unit. This cascade of units will be defined by the unit name followed by an alphabetically sorted index in braces ().
How to Create a Cascade
- Switch to Admin mode in KLANG:app
- Log into the first unit of your new cascade
- Go to CONFIG > INFO > Set > Set Unit Name
- Enter a name followed by the index in brackets – <UnitName>(<UnitIndex>), e.g. KLANG(1)
- Proceed with the next unit in the cascade and e.g. rename it to KLANG(2)
- Repeat for more units if required
- Refresh the Device list in CONFIG > CONNECT
KLANG:app automatically detects a cascade once more than one unit with the same UnitName and a different UnitIndex is found. The color for these units in the device list turns purple.
In the Fast User Switching Bar the UnitIndex will be used as a prefix before the OUTPUT number.
How to Deactivate a Cascade
- Go to CONFIG > INFO > Set > Set Unit Name and click UNSET
- Once KLANG:app does not see more than one unit with the same name before the braces it will not show a cascade anymore
- All mixes of all units of a cascade will be shown in the Fast User Switching Bar in KLANG:app
- Clicking on a Mix in the Fast User Switching Bar will log into the corresponding KLANG hardware
- Show File save and load commands will be triggered on all units of a cascade
- Snapshot commands (save, recall, rename, delete, first, next/previous, move up/down) will be sent to all units of a cascade
- Cascading of units is available in Show and Admin mode
- In Channels Menu “Paste THIS to ALL users” and “Paste META to ALL users” will copy settings to all mixes of a cascade
- Engineer CUE allows to listen to ALL mixes of a cascade. Musician CUE is not available in Admin mode when working on a cascade
- Keyboard shortcuts for mixes e.g. CMD + 3 etc will trigger mixes in the fast user switching bar across all units of a cascade.